Take home some of Vermont's fall color
You can collect and preserve fall leaves by following a few simple rules:
- Pick up as many different colored leaves as you can find. It is okay to pick them off the trees.
- Avoid any leaves that appear to have any kind of fungus on them. You want perfect looking leaves!
- Don't delay with your preservation techniques, and before you begin this simple process, make sure that your leaves are dry. Put them on a paper towel and pat them dry.
- Put each of your leaves between sheets of waxed paper, then use a medium hot iron and gently press over one side of the waxed paper. Do not rush. When you have done one side, turn your leaf sandwich over, and do the other side.
- Allow to cool. You are finished!